• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3/4 wrench

sparky1

i'm here to tell all of you people out there to asap go and get a 3/4 wrench and keep it in the glove box of your vehicle.was headed to the city yesterday to get some diesel and the tank was low.had to travel down a steep hill and i think all the remaining fuel ran to the front of the tank.yup conked out on the side of the road with air bound 6.2.well my buddy brought me 5 gallons and we proceeded to get it running again.bled the filter,but no dice on starting until we cracked 6 injector lines loose and cranked till fuel came out.tightened and instant start.not good to run out of fuel but next time i'll have that 3/4 open end wrench.

91W350

When my son ran my M1008 out of fuel, I was dreading the start up. I bled the filter twice and it started just as I was going to check for more air. That has been on great running 6.2! I am going to grab a set of short wrenches to join the socket sets that are under the seat.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will now understand WHY I like my GEAR seat covers so much.

A pouch FOR your tools, including a set of sockets. You need a place where you can store your tools and have them handy. Nothing worse than having to dig them out of a bag in the rear of the truck (where I keep OTHER stuff).

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Universal Seat Covers - Synergy Offroad

Plenty of room for all sorts of OTHER stuff in these covers as well. I have one folder knife and one Glock bayonet knife in scabbard, deck of cards (in case you get lost). I keep the TP and a half roll of paper towels in the glove box. I keep my 30' 30t tow strap, extra fuses, extra bulbs (2 of each), roll or two of electricians tape, etc in a black bag I keep in the back of each truck. And a folding chair.

Last edited:
I actually keep a 3/4" drive impact behind the seat that runs off of the slave plug. Plus a bunch of other junk. And I too have run my 1028 out of fuel. PITA. There's a post about it somewhere.