• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 color camo

ah1955

Fig. 47 from TM43-0229 has a 3 color camo pattern and I was wondering how that would look with the green, brown and black colors. And if so which colors would go with which numbers on the pattern in the TM. I looked and didn't see any charts or any listing that would apply, did I miss something or am I looking at the wrong place.

Jones

For the three color patterns; -1- denotes the black areas, -2- denotes green areas, and -3- denotes the brown. (Same manual, Page 35 tucked in the midst of the illustrations)

ah1955

Jones:
Thanks for the reply, I figured that the info would have been there I just wasn't seeing it. Not going for an exact perfect by the book job, but need a guide so not to end up all hodge podge and looking like someone just went nuts with a paint brush.

Jones

Yeah, for some reason they only post the color scheme legend that one place and it's easy to miss. As far as a by the book rendering-- all the manuals tell you that the pattern is just a guide. I think there are only a handful of patterns that specify particular dimensions on the lay out and on them it's more of a starting point for the rest of a given area.
Relative pattern size to vehicle makes a for good job or makes it look amateurish. i.e. Jeep pattern on a Deuce or HEMTT pattern on an M-880 wouldn't be 'to scale'. Paying attention to 'wrap' is important too. Making sure the pattern sections meet their companions; say when you rotate from an end view to the side, or side view to overhead. The book will remind you of this.