• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LA 5 ton Insurance not parked in garage

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progressive Commercial on a Deuce I am paying about $900 with no restrictions on usage in NY. Less than I was paying State Farm. No fancy coverage.

Odd that they quoted so high but who knows how they look at this stuff area by area.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the Banana Republic. You can not see the forest on the interstate due to " Lawyer Sue for a quick buck billboards" that line our roads......... and we have some of the best politicians in the business that speak in tongue :cool:

I think we are something like the 49th worst state for Insurance, lawsuits, payouts, poor roads etc

Sonny@56

Welcome! I am in Metairie if you need anything

Many have haggerty even though they dont have a garage from what other members have posted. I know I was asked and that was the basis of my denial.

State farm picked me up. I am a 25 year customer with house, flood, multiple vehicles and my humvee as an antique. Not sure if that made a difference?

Progressive commercial did give me a quote that was outrageous .
Thank you for your help and time I really appreciate it?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you give me your agents name? I use State Farm also and have a feeling if another agent has done the legwork itll go better for me....
They have to present it to underwriters as historic classic antique not a daily driver or commercial. I think it helped as I already had the hmmwv as a classic.

Don't refer to it as a big truck or 18 wheeler or quote the weight as that throws them into a different mind set.