• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton pto value

ncduece

can you guys give me some guesstimates as to the value of a 5 ton pto with both front and rear outputs? i ts on a m54 i am going to part out, i looked at the one on my m818 its just a front out put so thought maybe its a little more rare? thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an NOS PTO as you describe from John Winslow about two years ago for $400. The PTO you describe is fairly rare as you need one if you have a dump with winch or wrecker. For a standard cargo or tractor (with no hydraulic mods) it is not worth any more than a standard PTO. So, if you find a guy who wants to install a winch on his dump or it is missing on his wrecker, you may be able to get $500. If a guy simply wants to put a winch on his tractor, there is no way that PTO is worth more than a few hundred bucks at the most. An entire winch kit for an M809 series truck can be had for a little over a grand.