• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton tranny

EZFEED

Hey, is there any way to ensure that a tranny is good? I have one for a 5-ton that I picked up in a lot and its just sitting here taking up space so I want to get rid of it. It seems to be OK but what I want to know is if someone here can decipher the numbers written in paint stick on the sides to give a possible clue as to why it was disposed of in the first place. If anyone can then I'll post the numbers tomorrow.

Anyone around me need an extra tranny by the way? Cheap.

grounded

Banned
crap. if it is a OD tranny i need one. but its also way down there. ;) if its got a OD or someone can find out let me know please.

thanks

EZFEED

I will have to get the numbers and let y'all know. Is $70 too much?
I want to say its got some brass connections up top too.

EZFEED

OK here you go guys. I tired to turn the input shaft and couldn't and I thought I had a stick for this one but I may not.......I may but I havent found it yet.....cant say, I have so much crap in my shop I will have to dig and see. Either way this is probably still good or a good parts unit. Price reduced to $60......I just want some of this stuff cleared out.

Serial# 1394943
Ord# 967832
Mod# 6453

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I can say 99% sure that trans is JUNK. If it went to surplus and was not looking like it just rolled out of the factory its toast. that holds true to all the 5 ton trans I have seen roll off my post.

rockman

Hope that tranny did not fall on him..."help, I think a 5 ton tranny fell on me.."; "911 dispatcher - are you sure its a 5 ton and how do you know?"..... :-D:-D.

Westech

CPL
ebay... Boyce, Memphis truck, Eastern Surplus, Check all the usual places. Figure for a good take out $250.00 - $500.00. I have seen New ones in the $1000.00 range.

EZFEED

Hey Davo and guys I'm back!!!! Sorry bout that, bad stuff happened at work and I had to cover it again :(

Dont know if this one is fixable or not, I dont have a 5-ton but this came with another lot I was bidding on. As Westech said, a definite good one will bring several hundred dollars, thats why I'm selling this one cheap. Might be fixable.....might actually be in good shape?:p