• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch

panzerwillie

New to this forum, i have my sites set on a m52a2 tractor looks good and will probably pick it up from the owner in the next week or two, its not equiep with a whinch , any one know of one complete unit for sale everything needed also looking to set it up with super singles 1400 x20 , what would be the road speed gains over 1100x20 here are some pictures
thank you :grin:
DSCF0024.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0025.JPG

engine.jpg

Monty

If your looking to haul trailers around (civilian) your going to want to stick to the 11/20's, the fifth wheel plate is up pretty high on these trucks compared to over the road semi's.

panzerwillie

thank you for the quick reply, i have a flatbed trailer beaver tail with ramps that i'm planning to use to tow my SDK251{OT810} when completed around which will have tall neck to compensade for the 1400x20 but may still keek the 1100x20 on it, not sure if it has 6.44 or 6.72 gears will find out when i see it:-D

dm22630

Larger tires are going to KILL your power in a multifuel.

A winch setup is going to run you $1000-$1500 for parts only.

Depending on what you are paying for it, you may want to get a 818 w/w.

2cents

panzerwillie

being incolve on diesel trucks my whole life and work on may cummins and also have a dodge with a 12 valve 6bt, i know the M818 with the NA 250 HP cummings is probably a better choice but after driving a M52A2 for the last few weeks here in south florida that belongs to a collector and moving stuff around the yard its got just what i need, not looking for high road speeds and maybe will not pull anything around but sue will enjoy driving it aroud the city MIAMI hehe amd the engine is buils under the M.A.N engine lisences has to be good plus i will tweek with it :-D

emr

being incolve on diesel trucks my whole life and work on may cummins and also have a dodge with a 12 valve 6bt, i know the M818 with the NA 250 HP cummings is probably a better choice but after driving a M52A2 for the last few weeks here in south florida that belongs to a collector and moving stuff around the yard its got just what i need, not looking for high road speeds and maybe will not pull anything around but sue will enjoy driving it aroud the city MIAMI hehe amd the engine is buils under the M.A.N engine lisences has to be good plus i will tweek with it :-D
Sure can't argue with these Ideas !!! All the best, I feel the same way,For me i have been drooling over the 818's and am now more likely , If I was to find one like that , to go for the multi, actually I love the multi's too ...:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks