• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton Tipper to the rescue

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
One of our Peterbilt 50/30 heavy wreckers decided she didn't wanna play anymore so she just shut down..front half inside our gate..back half outside the gate...gate blocked!! Refused to start...just cranked and cranked.auaaua

As fate would have it, the other heavy and the medium were busy so Troy fired up his trusty M51A2 tipper and with Tony steering, dragged the ole girl outta the gates and into the shop.:beer:

It's always something I tell ya...but when you have MVs that can safely tow 36K vehicles a short distance, life is made a little easier.:driver:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Something tells me that no matter what challenge was thrown you guys way, you'd find a way around it.

:beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i dont know about that.. camo's trucks are top notch.. havent seen any towed other that up the ramp on landdoll

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
i dont know about that.. camo's trucks are top notch.. havent seen any towed other that up the ramp on landdoll
Thanks for the kind words Tim...but...

My M37 got towed back to the compound EVERY TIME I took her out until we got the goo outta the fuel system, and then found the pinched wire (new harness) to the distributor...after that...life was good!:)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nothing Special

:D:D
PB, how large is your towing fleet :driver:
We are a small company but I guess the largest in this small area southwest of Atlanta.

We have 2 - 50/30 heavies, 1 17ton medium duty, 1 light duty, 8 - 10K med duty carriers (rollbacks), 2 special transport tractors (hydraulic), 2 landolls and 1 - 50ton RGN (lowboy).

Also...airbag recovery systems etc.
Like I said, we are small but we have the heart of a lion!!:D:D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thank GOD for the GA Rally

I don't think is so much being old.....we just got rode hard and put up wet too many times.rofl
Well.....we still have the GA Rally to look foreward to.:jumpin:
That's true...and what possible harm can an ole grunt and transportation feller do out in the middle of the woods??:roll:

Wanna blow sumpin up??:jumpin:roflrofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looking forward to the GA Rally, WOW... I thought people your age didn't even buy green bananas. Or they read the Obits., first thing in the morning, to see if they have to plan their day.[thumbzup]
OK...this is how it's really done drgreg.

(IF) ya wake up...ya start a systems check.
First ya try to focus the eyes, then ya move each arm and leg to see if they are functional.

If all systems pass the pre-op check, ya try to get out of bed...slowly.

After ya get going and shake off the aches and pains, you begin the days activities and wonder why the heck the young bucks can't keep up with you:grd: