• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 has no power

1984M1009

Here is the story I just bought a 1984 M1009 with a bad flex plate replaced it and it started immideately

I took it for a drive and it started out okay the longer I drove it the worse it got
it wouldn't go past 50 mph and I took off from a light it would barely move as I got close to my house I barely made it was so down on power.

There is no smoke but my eyes were watering from all the fumes but it has no back window and may have exhaust leaks.

I took the fuel cap off to make sure there wasn't gas in it smells like diesel but there was pressure when i took the cap off seems weird for a diesel.

Also one last thing what happens if the torque converter isn't seated all the way I don't think it moved when I slid the tranny back but since I am starting from scratch I don't know what the issue is it seems like the motor though I think it seemed to be missing at higher rpm's

Dpn't know where to start maybe the fuel filter but I don't think it is very old

Blood_of_Tyrants

On top of the fuel shutoff solenoid there is a fuel return line. The fitting on it has a check valve in it. Take the fitting off and clean with carb cleaner and then use a pick to make sure the glass ball inside moves then come back here and report.

If you have questions about the quality of the fuel, just dump it and replace.

1984M1009

I removed the piece that has the line coming of of it directly in front of the air cleaner

I don't have any carb cleaner right now but I tried blowing on it both ways and nothing comes out does that mean thats probably the problem

Last edited:

beanman1

sounds like the problem to me well hold on there is a spring loaded glass ball in there you cannot blow through it take a pick and try to move the ball be careful cause it will break