• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

65 m37 project

Travlr

Looks great , it should work fine , with other wheels . I’d like to fine a nicer M37 near , I’d be doing the same thing . My old truck has AC also . Probably easier to swap a cap . But they are getting tough to locate also . I have seen were the cab and bed from the M37 swapped onto to later frame looked fairly easy also .
Edit: I've sold the B1 truck.

Last edited:

808Morgan

John Mc

I see you have an 1100r16 tire as a spare there. I just bought some XZL and I'm wondering what tubes you use. I am having trouble finding some. The only thing I can think of is to use tractor tubes with valve stem extenders?
I used the tubes from my old tires (which were also 11.00 R16)

I’ve heard multiple people say they just use 9.00 R16 tubes in these

John Mc

I see you have an 1100r16 tire as a spare there. I just bought some XZL and I'm wondering what tubes you use. I am having trouble finding some. The only thing I can think of is to use tractor tubes with valve stem extenders?
The truck had 11.00R16 tires on it when I bought it. I was able to reuse the tubes when I replaced the tires.

I'm far from an expert on this, but I've read where some people use 9.00 R16 tubes

808Morgan

The truck had 11.00R16 tires on it when I bought it. I was able to reuse the tubes when I replaced the tires.

I'm far from an expert on this, but I've read where some people use 9.00 R16 tubes
Yeah that's what I have heard as well, I recently talked to the shop guy at Vintage Power Wagons and he said the same. So I guess we will give that a shot. Thanks.