• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6x6 tire help

moparguy4x4

I got a Am series 2.5 ton 6x6 M35a2 and was wondering the best place to find some tires for this thing if any body had any use super single wheels or tires to for that matter i would like to have the 46in xl's and the single rear wheels. Cant find enough 11.00s to do the truck with duals need help this is a work truck are the 46s overkill still want to pull 25,000

chevycrew

Keep in mind, bigger tires equals less power. As far as wheels you will need to make or order some custom ones. www.OdIron.com can hook you up with wheels and maybe some tires. MRW makes good wheels as well. You can also check with Berg tire for tires. 395/85r20 or the 15.50r20 are both about the 46in size you are after. Tires are about 150 each from berg, with shipping quoted of 300 for 4 tires to utah, your should be much cheaper.

If you are towing 25,000lbs please do not rely on just the duece brakes to stop.

moparguy4x4

clarks truck parts told me that they put 28,000 on the beds of the deuces they got dont know how true it is i aint worried about the brakes. I pull 20,000 with my 91 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge cummins i aint new to being over loaded i have another reo version that i wish was a 5 ton but work with whant you got me and the guys around here all have trail trucks i am very aware of the larger tires less power less brake how does the 550 ford disc kits they make stop this trucks maybe just on the front axle worth the swap also got a pyro and a friend that rebuilds the white pumps going to turn up the pump a little

moparguy4x4

thought about doing the swap aint sure what tranny to use but the cummins has 3.55 gears and 305/75/16 tires what is the torque on the multi fuel stock 6.72 gears or 3.55s in something that i barely drive and only use on the weekends to move stuff bigger than i would like on the dodge i need a 13 speed in the deuce ilot of the places i need to get stuff out of the dodge would be lost mainly use the deuce for 95% off road 5% on road

Well there is 4 disk brake kits out for the deuce axle that we produce. one uses the 550 calipers, then they just get bigger from there 4 piston and 6 piston calipers. The drum brakes on a deuce axle is very strong due to the amount of surface to pad area.. but the main thing is you gotta remember is that the deuce dont have the power that alot of guys seem to think. you can turn up the pump and such on it. but if you want a true power horse put a 12v in it and go to town.. then you can haul and tow some weight :D

Jakob

If you don't plan on going over 40mph, you'll be just fine hauling that much. As far as brakes, I think you'd be better off with the stock setup and just making sure it's working as it should. If it's mostly an on-road truck, some commerical tires would be best.