• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 TV Cable Bracket Installation

wayne pick

Here it is installed horizontally under my flatbed. You can put it pretty much anywhere you want as it has it's own fan. Derale13900 16 pass electra-cool, $186.90. Derale 13091 trans filter kit with guage, $88.06. They both will help keep your 700 alive.

Attachments

Iceman3005

Do not under any circumstances bypass the radiator trans cooler. If you where to heat a piece of steel so that it was red hot, would you wave it in the air to cool it off, or put it in a bucket of water? Hopefully you chose the water! Water cools 100 times better than air. I have had to rebuild numerous customer transmissions that where installed in the cucv by other mechanics that bypassed the radiator trans cooler. The radiator temps are usually between 140-160 degrees, that will cool that trans fluid down to those temps very rapidly. Adding an auxiliary trans cooler after the radiator should drop the trans fluid about another 10-15 degrees.

As for the tv cable bracket and rod, I used to make them but I am all out. With my new job that I started about a year ago, I haven't had time to make any. I work about 80 hrs a week, when I do get some free time I always seem to have to work on my own vehicles. Hopefully I work will slow down and I can get some more tv brackets and rods made.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCV trans cooler is on the hot side of the rad. If the water coming from the engine is 195 then the best you can hope for is 195 trans temp. If you want a lower temp add your cooler after the rad cooler. The trans cooler on the Humvee is not plumbed in to the rad. But it is huge. If you size your cooler to what ever you are doing with your truck (IE towing, hauling, hilly terrain, or just parade duty you will be fine). Since you are running a gauge you will know where you are at. And if you need to pull over and let it cool when towing or not.