• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

71DeuceAK's M936A2

71DeuceAK

On a whim, on the way home from Findlay 2022 I stopped at a towing service in Lafayette, Indiana to meet a Facebook contact from another interest who had offered me an employment opportunity. I had mentioned previously that I spent my spare time playing with old army trucks and he told me he had a M936A2 he almost never used.

We visited, walked through the place, and he told me to go fire up the truck. So I did.

On subsequent trips out that way I would stop by and visit. Even interviewed and was hired for a job there (that's another great story as well).

Every time it was the same thing: "Go start your truck! You're the last person who did! Go make sure the batteries are still up. Bring a cashiers check and take her home with you!"

This went on for a year. Long enough I found myself working there. I would see this thing every day.

If you listen to him I have had this thing for over a year, but some money did change hands on Saturday. What else would I do on a Saturday evening? People all over are already blowing off fireworks, it's 80 degrees, humid and raining, and here I was sweating to death in the back of a junkyard behind a barn full of square bodies behind a Sears catalog house fighting a stiff PTO lever.

I will grab the obligatory pix tomorrow.