• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8x8 APC Identity Question

Elwenil

RE: Not the V300

The shielded headlamps are a good idea as far as protecting the lamps but it can be a potential chink in the armor if it was hit right there and is probably a bit more labor intensive to build that way instead of surface mounting them and adding a guard.

Rattlehead

Well, as far as the need for such vehicle, one word....Ponticrack. Yeah, its needed in some parts!. I do have to add though, that I had my deuce in the Woodward cruise and Oakland County had a white colored version of that armored vehicle, and, despite our waves, the SWAT dressed crew gave us nothing but frowns. I didn't understand it at all. We definitely did not show them up, because if you painted my deuce yellow, no average person could tell it from a Ryder truck. No armor here. Just a medium duty moving van, but its painted camo and the front axle can be powered. Sounds like EUC type to me! :p :p

Elwenil

I'll be the first to second the idea that SWAT team members are generally egotistical A--holes. They somehow think they are elite somehow, never mind that they get half the training of the average soldier and can't compare in training, tactics, or ability with real elite forces. Some of the larger SWAT teams come pretty close but they don;t hold a candle to a SEAL and yet have twice the badass attitude. Unforgivable for a public servant.

Elwenil

You are 100% correct, which stands to reason since GPV worked in partnership with FNSS Savunma Sistemleri to produce the Pars(Leopard). The Pars 8x8 is a little unusual due to the fact that all 8 wheels drive and can also be steered. There are also 4x4, 6x6, and 10x10 models made off the same platform. they have been making the rounds at IDEX but I don't have any information about anyone buying. It should also be noted that BAE Systems owns 49% of FNSS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks