• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series fan clutch on a LDT deuce?

jesusgatos

Haven't put any more time into this, as I started thinking about pushing the radiator forward a few inches, which I can do because I've a longer A3 hood on my A2. So whatever I come up with will be custom and probably won't be very useful to anyone else. Sorry.

jesusgatos

Thanks, but don't think I need anything right now. Too many other things to focus on to make this a priority right now. The deuce is getting bobbed and turned into a worktruck since I've decided to put the M109 box on a 5-ton...

Merc1973

OK, finally here on the pictures. You all made me worry that it might be out of ballance by welding, so this is how I re-did the clutch. As you can see there is no welding, I made the adapter by using a washer and a center bolt from a leafspring pack, and a 1 1/2" set coller. As for trimming the fan. I trimed 1/4" wide 1" long on the tips of the blades. The fins are alumium, I dont think that I could have been off enough to make a damaging vibration. Also the new fan with clutch and adapter is still lighter than the orignal steel fan. The clutch and fan are for a 1996 f-350 with a 460 motor. you can see the Napa part # in the picture. I love this mod, the only problem I have found is running the gears out too far, The motor is much quiteter.

Good Luck

PS I cant Spell to well. LOL
Has anyone else done this? I am little confused on how to make the adapter part.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks