• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a deuce into a trailer???

Jim Perry

Well add another one to the group thinking about the same thing, I’ve been looking for 3 hours to see if I could find any information about this concept. Bingo!! Question, anybody know someone building them for sale or willing to build?? I would be entrusted to purchase one to match my duce. Any photos of this concept please post. Jim

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well add another one to the group thinking about the same thing, I’ve been looking for 3 hours to see if I could find any information about this concept. Bingo!! Question, anybody know someone building them for sale or willing to build?? I would be entrusted to purchase one to match my duce. Any photos of this concept please post. Jim
Contact Donk Donk. He built one for another SS member and he is very pleased with it. Donk used a 105 landing gear and removed the pumpkins from the axles.

rizzo

OK How about this Idea, 1 drain oil from axles, 2 remove shafts, 3 sell shafts on ebay for $200 ask for broken rear shafts to be sent to you, 4 install broken shafts after cutting remainder of shaft off, 5 remove drive shaft. 6 remove both chunks, sell on ebay for $200. 7 make 2 plates to cover hole in axle. Makes all tires spin free, no need for oil nothing spinning in axles, No more axle leaks, 200+ pounds removed.:-D

fixed 3 and 4 added some more.
:razz:

Jim Perry

Duce Trailer

Thanks’ Warthog for the photos it’s a beautiful M35A2 trailer, great workmanship, it would match my duce perfectly, all I would need to do is to get some bows and a matching trap. I sent a message to Donk Donk the same day you sent your message to me, to date no reply; I would hope he would check his messages soon. Jim

Verkstad

Say you had a duece with no front axle, springs, or drive line. But still had both back axles, bed, frame, suspension, brake system ( minus front axle), air tanks, lights wiring, etc.

Could you turn it into a trailer???

Some time past one of my buddies did this,
Not a deuce, and probably not many of you will understand it but the pictures can help a lot.

Traktorvagn av lastbil :: Maskinisten

Driving the axels might be practical by hydraulics. It would only be used for low speed manouver and getting unstuck anyway. I think it could work out fine.

Good luck,
Jakob

KsM715

I'd like to try this but remove one axle, make is easier to turn. Like the FMTV trailers (sorry cant remember the M#) I know you would lose some of the capacity but I like the looks of those trailers.

tm america

hmm interesting trailer.i'm a little confused they doubled up the tongue to lower the lunette and then lowered the pintle to match on the truck when it would have lined right up how the truck was and with just using the tongue from the m105:roll:then they took the spare tire carrier off and moved it to the other side ..why it works right where it was .

KsM715

Im betting the pintle hitch on the truck was moved down when they built that mount with the 2" reciever hitch and just built the trailer to match that truck.

tm america

just something that didnt need to be done i kept my pintle in its stock location and added another pintle and a reciever type hitch to.i can kind of understand the hitch if they set it up for a different truck but not the spare tire :roll:

Attachments

M813A1

TM America !! KaiserM35A2 had that trailer made by Donk Donk and the reason for the lowered lunette was because his duece has a dump body conversion so the pintle was lowered to be able to tilt the bed and not get the tailgate caught on the pintle. That trailer is very easy for one person to hook up and rides nice too. I had picked it up for KaiserM35A2 when Donk Donk had finished it !!

tm america

i like the idea of the trailer . the late style landing gear is nice .i would put m105 axles on it if i made one they are lighter and have the set up for the e brake already

kc5mzd

Its funny this post was brought up. I am working on my 109 trailer conversion now. Me ,Ferro and Neil are all working on this same conversion. I have been working on my 109 this weekend breaking it down from cab forward. I will be posting pics of the progress.

I wil be putting the front end of a 105 trailer on the front to tow it around with the deuce. Going to gut the 2 axels as mentioned to make less resistance. Dont want to mess with putting the 105 axles on her.

its very doable and it looks like its going to work great.

if anyone needs fenders, cab, transmission,hood or any parts in the cab let me know. The only thing I will be keeping is the engine.
I need a passenger side fender and step if you still have them.