• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Word for the Wise

dabtl

I began working on a brake job about ten days ago. I needed more of the brake shoe mounting hardware. I ordered from OD Iron. Paid two day delivery. Came today. Six days in the hands of UPS.

DHL delivered from TNJ Murray in only four days normal delivery.

Mike at OD Iron says something is screwy with UPS now. He is taking the heat, rather well, with improved communications and UPS tracking. It was all very frustrating to leave the truck on blocks, just waiting. But, all is well that ends well.

Just consider adding additional time for the delivery of parts and you will not be pulling your hair out.

dm22630

A good friend of mine works for UPS here. He says they have laid off over 20% of the people & are working everyone to death. That may be happening a lot of other places too....

Less people + more work = SLOOOOOOOW SERVICE!

Mike_Pop

DHL takes ten day for overnight from NJ to my place in Nevada. They ship stuff to Salt Lake City and then they put it in the US mail. Kind of frustrating when I was waiting for a large check.

Fed ex have held packages in town for up to a week and when using the tracking system it said bad weather was why it was not delivered I ended up going and picking it up . no bad weather . the post office is just as bad. this is when the shipping is paid to your house . with fuel prices and cut backs some companys may start delivering once a week .

kx250m1

there should be no worry about being cut, or losing a job at ups, I have worked their 5+ years, I am actually quitting (2 days left) I am getting a full time job, what has been happening at UPS is that when someone quits, they just don't replace that person, the medical is the only reason I stayed so long,

Jakob

The UPS here in Louisville is actually talking about expanding it's work force. DHL is tlking about contracting the UPS hub here to handle some of their freight. I'd blame cost cuts due to fuel prices for the slow delivery times. They're consolidating deliveries now to make better use of that $4+/gallon fuel. It may be a PITA, but can you blame them?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uncle Sam & the USPS are 1st class here - especially with Priority handling. The package delivery services are cost prohibitive and don't have date stamps on the package. The Post Office always beats them, by far.

Lee in Alaska

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know why UPS would be worried about since they just picked up the DHL hub business from Wilmington, OH and laying off 6,000 of their workers and they don't make left turns in their trucks. They should be making and saving a ton of money.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks