• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A1 in reference to M813

wdbtchr

I'm familiar with the differences on the M 39 series trucks, but can anyone tell me the difference on the the M 813 and the M 813A1? I"m not getting anything on the search or Olive Drab.com.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813 = non dropside bed
M813A1 = dropside bed

The analogous G744/M39 truck is the M54A2 and M54A2C. It doesn't have to be an A2, the "C" is the important part.

I think I've seen photos of M813s and M54s with an additional toolbox above the fuel tank under the bed. It seems like this is a non dropside thing only.

The confusing part of this is that the deuces and G744/M39 trucks use the "A" numbers/revisions to designate a powerplant change, the M809 trucks never had a powerplant change and have different "A" numbers to designate different body styles. The M820 is the only other M809 that has a different A number to my knowledge.

Oddly enough, while the dropside deuce (M35A2C) is rarer vs the regular M35A2, it seems like the non dropside (M813) 5 ton is the rarer 5 ton cargo.

Hopefully all this makes sense. :???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks