• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 Cargo cover

kc4wd

After searchng a while.....I have decided to ask.

I am new to this board and to the MV world. I bought a 70 M35A2 and it didn't come with the cargo cover but it did come with the bows. After searching all over the internet.......I found one locally. Gave $225 for it. It's practically new looking. My question is........,after I installed it. Starting with the rear of the truck. I lined it up. fits perfect, and as I work to the front, all the reinforcements line up with the bows till I get to the front. It's about a foot longer than the bed. So what did I get? I folded it around and it will work but would like one that fits right. Am I doing something wrong?

Pic's to follow. KC

\
\

Last edited:

kc4wd

Well.........not what wanted to hear, but that's what I figured. I can go back and get my money back. Not really wanting to try to ID and sell it and have to sit on it for a while (100 posts to sell), I just want what I paid for.

Thanks for the help guys and the comments about my truck. KC

Last edited:

Aswayze

Just get some HH66 vinyl glue and clip a section out of the middle so it fits.

It's a LOT easier than it sounds and that stuff holds like the ****ens so I would not worry a bit about it EVER coming apart on you.

We've done tons of tarp and tent repairs with that stuff including re-de-modiifying an extended M35a2 cover back into a normal height one for Stagg's M35a2

See pics and remember: Measure twice cut once.

Attachments

Aswayze

By the way, the repair is a lot easier than it looks.

Basically, you just lay everything out flat, if you're working in the middle it should all lay down ok. Measure everything out and draw yourself some lines. Factor in about 2 inches for overlap, snip out the offending strip, rough both bonding surfaces up with an die grinder, slather on the glue per the instructions and with a helper line it up and pop the two sides together. Just make sure you plan your moves well and keep everything straight, there's no second chance once that stuff grabs. If you are super paranoid, you can use some of the removed material to reinforce your seam.

kc4wd

Thanks for all the info. I'll look into cutting it tomorrow to see if I can do it and still have the camo look right. I will get some of that glue just for future use.

Aswayze

Ah you're pretty much always stuck correcting camo even when you get a tarp that is correct to start with. Always seems like someone has to end up being a bit of an individual in the past life of either the truck or the tarp.

Couple of cans of Gillespie and you're back where you need to be in a jiffy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks