• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accident

allrevup

Very good job with the tie rod build tsmall07!! since my build I have come across several places that can supply all the nesesary parts. One near you is Virginia4x4.com they have several opptions. Now if only I had the equipment, time and skill level

Last edited:

tsmall07

One near you is Virginia4x4.com
Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen that site before!

Sounds like you need to take a couple welding classes at your local community college. That's how I got my start welding and I make stuff all the time now. That was actually my first really attempt at tig welding. I've gotten better now. Start with oxy-acetylene (OA) welding/cutting and then move to stick welding, then mig, then tig. It is a mistake to start with mig or stick without the foundation of OA. You'll get better at an exponential rate if you start with the gas.

ABN173

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen that site before!

Sounds like you need to take a couple welding classes at your local community college. That's how I got my start welding and I make stuff all the time now. That was actually my first really attempt at tig welding. I've gotten better now. Start with oxy-acetylene (OA) welding/cutting and then move to stick welding, then mig, then tig. It is a mistake to start with mig or stick without the foundation of OA. You'll get better at an exponential rate if you start with the gas.
Not to help sidetrack my own thread but that was next on my list, I chose to start with CNC/machine tool first though.

Dale

allrevup

You are welcome, tsmall07. Let me explain myself, what I meet so say is that parts are cheap, time is not. By the time one figures what is neded, materials, justifies the cost of a shop, tools, equipment and pays for one-self time (unles you are retired or a trade money making profecional builder) 99% of the time you are better off in this age of www.com = Whole Wide World. communications at your fingertips with doing research, shopping around, designing and using someones experience and experties. Saving you time, bloody nuckles and very often cash. To actually spend time using this toys that we like as they were intended to be. This from a DYS=Do it Your Self person that grew up around farm equipment, cars & motorcycles and understands ingenuity and self satisfaction. Take Care.

Last edited:

vtwinpilot

Hate to tell you folk's the WIDOT is seeking data like this to use against MV's....The actual argument is that they are big and threaten the lil Toyota'a......no mention how those lil Kamakazi car's threaten everyone else. I would strongly recommend not helping the oppostion right now.

ABN173

vtwinpilot,

Anyone can tell from this thread that it has more to do with a kid that was drinking and driving, with unservicable tires, than anything remotely used against MV's heck the kid could have hit a F-250 and had the same effect......heck even a tree.... wait I retract the tree statement as I don't wish to help the anti-tree movement.

Again notice that my M1009 was parked in front of my own property after midnight, it is ridiculous for you to imply that I am helping the opposition.

Dale

Last edited:

vtwinpilot

Easy dude, in no way am I hacking on you, I just had a 400 pound behemoth back into my truck over the holiday's (too fat to look back). I understand the ordeal. I was just trying to point out that this lawyer who claim's (all MV's were built to kill) admit's he has no data on collision's but is seeking it. They are using the assumption that they are hazardous to little car's and would jump all over your pics........it's just bad timing is all............sorry if I offended you but were in dire straight's up here. They have a knack for ignoring fact's such as the vehicle was parked, driver drunk etc. just to sink the teeth in deeper.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Quite interesting this comes up again. This morning after leaving the house very early in the deuce, I had a compact car pull out of the gas station down the street right in front of me. Guy didn't stop, didn;'t look, didn't see me coming until the very last second after I had all wheels locked up AND the truck pulled sideways in the road. I was only doing 30-35 but barely missed him by inches. I actually had the truck spun sideways and the right side caught air. Roads were wet so I was lucky I didn't flip it. If I had hit him, I would have killed him for sure. So the WI logic to this it would have been my fault because I was driving an MV and the idiot pulled out in front of me.

Good logic.:cookoo:

cessnatwin

when I was hit, THE HARTFORD would not pay any damages even though it was not my fault. They said that the truck was camo'ed and therefore it was hidden on purpose and would not pay the claim! in the middle of the city!

goldneagle

when I was hit, THE HARTFORD would not pay any damages even though it was not my fault. They said that the truck was camo'ed and therefore it was hidden on purpose and would not pay the claim! in the middle of the city!
Does that mean that if you hit a white vehicle in the snow it's his fault for being SNOW CAMO?

ABN173

Easy dude, in no way am I hacking on you, I just had a 400 pound behemoth back into my truck over the holiday's (too fat to look back). I understand the ordeal. I was just trying to point out that this lawyer who claim's (all MV's were built to kill) admit's he has no data on collision's but is seeking it. They are using the assumption that they are hazardous to little car's and would jump all over your pics........it's just bad timing is all............sorry if I offended you but were in dire straight's up here. They have a knack for ignoring fact's such as the vehicle was parked, driver drunk etc. just to sink the teeth in deeper.

The same logic could be applied to classic cars, really take a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500 and look at how much real steel is that car compared to say a new toyota. As far as bad timing goes anyone else notice this thread is over a year old?

vtwinpilot

Oh cripe's the Camo cloaking effect, **** I forgot about that. Sure hope they don't think of that one. After crossing a gravel parking lot at my old work place after dark, an absolute dimbulb that was employed there wheeled her car right at me. I had about a split second to roll the hood and elbow the windshield before she realized and locked up the skidders about a foot and a half from my knee's. Needless to say I was not pleased, the next day the claim was that she could not see me because of my camoflauge army jacket. That one was not employed for long. Just the last few weeks I have been seeing some of those ambulance chasing late night lawsuit lawyer commercials advertising for anyone hurt in an accident involving a big truck, I should'nt be suprised. Soon it will be like the buglar sueing you for a dogbite.......the little ****box getting crushed by a big bad MV parked on the side of the road is suddenly a liability.

vtwinpilot

The classic car angle was used last summer which riled up that crowd so they are just taking after the MV's for now.....whatever crumbs they can get.........And yea I did overlook the 09.....glancing at it I saw the time month 1...time 20:10..........dumb oversite on my part. I'm getting really twisted over the postive/negative info I have been getting daily on this ordeal. Really to get where I'm coming from you should look at the politics thread and find that video link, skip ahead to over the 14 minute mark and once you listen to the state lawyers testimony you will get why I'm so bent about this.

Last edited:

goldneagle

The classic car angle was used last summer which riled up that crowd so they are just taking after the MV's for now.....whatever crumbs they can get.........And yea I did overlook the 09.....glancing at it I saw the time month 1...time 20:10..........dumb oversite on my part. I'm getting really twisted over the postive/negative info I have been getting daily on this ordeal. Really to get where I'm coming from you should look at the politics thread and find that video link, skip ahead to over the 14 minute mark and once you listen to the state lawyers testimony you will get why I'm so bent about this.
There is a simple solution to this MV issue in WI. Vote the bums out of office! Tell them you will support their rivals for elections because of their votes against MV's. That is the American way. You have to fight for your rights every day or you will loose them!

ABN173

There is a simple solution to this MV issue in WI. Vote the bums out of office! Tell them you will support their rivals for elections because of their votes against MV's. That is the American way. You have to fight for your rights every day or you will loose them!
Agreed! I'd also consider moving, I know when I retire from the army that will be one state I will not move to no matter what the job offer is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks