• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

after injection pump change glow plug light doesn't come on

1984M1009

I replaced my injection pump and now the glow plug light doesn't come on I broke one of the ground wires on the intake but i replaced it and it still doesn't work

Any ideas?

Barrman

Are the plugs still working as noticed by fast starts and the volt meter being way down before and during cold starts for about 20 seconds? If so, then checking the bulb is what the -20 says to do. Then it has you pulling the control card and jumping a few wires to test it. I would suggest just wiggling the card in the plug. Mine does that. The plugs work, but the light doesn't everytime.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you remove the intake manifold?

Did you replace the GP tempature sensor wires that are at the rear on the cylinder head? Are they making good contact?

Last edited:

3dubs

If you managed to change the IP without removing the manifold let me now how you did it!

The glow plug relays are different in some trucks. If you click on the FAQ Thread for CUCV's at the top of the CUCV page. The first page in the middle Michael posted about the glow plug relay. If this is not your setup then change over to it. It is easy to get a wire broke or left off. Good luck!

K9Vic

I am in the process of changing my IP on my M1009 and I noticed that there are allot of ground wires back there on the manifold blots. So I would not forget any, I always tie wrap them with bright yellow ones. This way when I am putting it all back together I will not miss any and they will still be in the same group. This may be the problem, recheck that all your ground wires are hooked back to the manifold.

1984M1009

it seems to start the same I didn't pay attention to the voltage gauge.

I will doublecheck and make sure one of the grounds isn't hiding on me