• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After Months of Research and Looking... We Finally bought an M35A3 Deuce

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander,
Man I'm sorry to hear it was a raw deal........but at least you didn't MAKE a deal, then find out about the problem(s) later on. Good move, not buying it! Sure, there's a chance it could've been an inexpensive repair, but a very slim chance.

I sure hope you will continue your search and find a GREAT deal on a Deuce! (and I hope it's Butterbean green). I've followed your thread here, and I know you were excited about the deal but so glad you learned the truth before it was too late.

Hats off to your Dad for catching the problems and not making a deal.

Keep us posted, I got a feeling yall aren't thru searching yet:).

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, Thanks for the post, and Yes you are very right! I am most glad we didn't make the deal, as you said it would have been a slim chance that it was something small and easy to fix.

We sit back for a few days and pushed this all aside for a bit, and just focused on other things.

But we've thought about it, and talked it over again, and you're right... it looks like we're back to looking for another deuce. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to post a "WTB" ad in the SS Classifieds. We'll see how it goes this time.

Thanks for the Post, and we'll see about the Butterbean green
:smile:.

Last edited:

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm curious as to why the speedo cable was disconnected, and a missing counter weight too?? Tough s*** he was mad about the deal not going through, especially after your 300 mile trek, and a day lost in the process. Maybe folks in your neck of the woods should contact you before buying from this individual. I wish you well on your new search to find the truck that's right for you.
He said the cable was disconnected because he was replacing dash bulbs....
It is true that you have to unhook the speedo cable to pull the panel far enough out to replace a bulb? :confused:

Yeah, I would never recommend anyone go see him. Just to many things to be coincidence.
Thanks for the post, and for letting me cancel my parts order [thumbzup].

lordkevork

He said the cable was disconnected because he was replacing dash bulbs....
It is true that you have to unhook the speedo cable to pull the panel far enough out to replace a bulb? :confused:

Pulling the speedo cable does make it easier but you can squeeze in there to change them without pulling cable if you have small hands. I have large (what my kids call Murderer hands & Sausage fingers) and i swapped my lamps out. I did have to pull the cable to replace the low airpressure sender though. I also pulled the left side defroster duct to make some room.
Sorry to hear about the ordeal you went through. Good luck with your search. There are a few guys on Ebay but its risky. There is a guy in Maryland who sells on eBay that you may want to check out. He usually has plenty of trucks at decent prices or you can always use GL but prices are rising lately and that too can be risky.

LordKevork -

1998 M35A3
1989 M35A2
1986 SECM 1-1/4 Ton w/Genset,welder,compressor
1984 SECM 1-1/4 Ton w/Genset,welder,compressor

Last edited:

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulling the speedo cable does make it easier but you can squeeze in there to change them without pulling cable if you have small hands. I have large (what my kids call Murderer hands & Sausage fingers) and i swapped my lamps out. I did have to pull the cable to replace the low airpressure sender though. I also pulled the left side defroster duct to make some room.
Sorry to hear about the ordeal you went through. Good luck with your search. There are a few guys on Ebay but its risky. There is a guy in Maryland who sells on eBay that you may want to check out. he usually has plenty of trucks at decent prices or you can always use GL but prices are rising lately and that too can be risky.
Ok, so maybe that part was true. But it still tells that after he changed the tire and/or whatever, he still didn't even go out and test it on a drive. Otherwise he would have caught that.

Anyway, I think I've had it with ebay on something like this. And yes GL is risky.
I don't have a shop, and was actually going to try to rent a shop/garage to do the work when I went to go through the truck, check everything out, and get all the maintenance caught up.

Anyway, I think we decided to shift gears and go with an A2 instead, if we find one that is in really good condition.

I just posted a Wanted Ad (WTB) here on SS in the classified section. Maybe I can find someone here who has a truck, or if someone knows about a legitimate shop who completely rebuilds these trucks.
Here is my Wanted Ad if anyone is interested in viewing.

Thanks for the Reply lordkevork!

Last edited:

roscoe

Ok, so maybe that part was true. But it still tells that after he changed the tire and/or whatever, he still didn't even go out and test it on a drive. Otherwise he would have caught that.

Anyway, I think I've had it with ebay on something like this. And yes GL is risky.
I don't have a shop, and was actually going to try to rent a shop/garage to do the work when I went to go through the truck, check everything out, and get all the maintenance caught up.

Anyway, I think we decided to shift gears and go with an A2 instead, if we find one that is in really good condition.

I just posted a Wanted Ad (WTB) here on SS in the classified section. Maybe I can find someone here who has a truck, or if someone knows about a legitimate shop who completely rebuilds these trucks.
Here is my Wanted Ad if anyone is interested in viewing.

Being form Indiana, have you tried C&C equipment in Unionville? He is a member here and he refurbishes and bobs deuces and other MVs. I've purchased a few things from him (no trucks). Good guy to deal with and his trucks look really sharp. I wouldn't expect any of the old trucks to be completely problem free even if they have been "gone through". Think about getting one cheaper with a few fixable problems and save some $.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being form Indiana, have you tried C&C equipment in Unionville? He is a member here and he refurbishes and bobs deuces and other MVs. I've purchased a few things from him (no trucks). Good guy to deal with and his trucks look really sharp. I wouldn't expect any of the old trucks to be completely problem free even if they have been "gone through". Think about getting one cheaper with a few fixable problems and save some $.
I actually went down there and talked with him back several months ago on an A3. I had been thinking on contacting him again but on an A2 this time to see what he had, and how much for a low miles/hours stock A2. I'm gonna contact him here through SS and see whats he's got right now in stock.
Thanks!

Last edited: