• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All these pins and no power brake signal?

four_by_ken

I have been reading for about 30 min now... and doesnt look too difficult to get a brake signal, running lights and turn signals.

But, I am surprised there isnt a powered brake signal for electric brakes already in the factory military trailer plug. Surprised and disappointed.

dunedigger

I just got done dealing with my trailer wiring too. I added a hitch to my M1009 and put in a 7prong recep for the trailer. I used a stock military trailer plug so I didn't have to cut the wiring and made an adapter out of it. I was surprized too but more surprized that I had a 2 bulb flasher and would not run my trailer lights until I got a heavy duty flasher. Also if you have a M1009 put in a tranny cooler before you pull anything.

four_by_ken

Getting the basics, I am not too worried about. Its just that I dont think there is a powered brake signal... just the brake lights. I would think this would be standard on a military truck.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Army doesnt use electric brakes on trailers at all.
On the later model M101's they have surge brakes.

Last edited: