• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator for 915-920

reb87

I seem to have burned up the alternator when a battery cable rubbed thru the insulation and shorted out. The transformer-rectifier was smoking. Does anybody know if it can be rebuilt or where I can find another one? Its a Leece-Neville model a001090555 14-28volt, 100amp and a big bolt on transformer-rectifier type number T001 5114 TB 12-24 volt also made by Leece Neville. TIA Ross/Nebraska

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jpcj-7 said in a post a while back that he discovered the alt was used in civi trucks in the 80's. I would bring the thing in to my heavy duty parts house or alternator shop and let them see what they could figure out.

StreetbikeDepot

I had mine repaired at a local alternator/starter shop, they had the parts in stock and it only cost $45. The Leece-Neville is a real common generator, but the 24 volt transformer/rectifier bolted to the rear is not as common.

Last edited:

avengeusa

do you have pics of your alternator, or the unit mounted?

serp belt? or is it a dual V belt, mine may fit o your truck

Ord22

its a common, old school alternator. you should be able to go to any electrical repair shop that rebuild alternators and starters. they should be able to rebuild it for you. its cheaper than buying a new one, i imagine.