• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator shaft size

tm america

the stock 60 amp alt has a 3/4 inch shaft. the delco and the neioff dual voltage 100 amp both have a 7/8inch shaft size probanly fit a three row but will have to modify the shroud to fit a four row and still might not fit

avengeusa

my stock leece neville alternator has a shaft size of 5/8, just measured it, and the delco units that i have, like the one installed on my truck are 7/8 diameter

I think you will have to, as previously stated modify the fan shroud to get a 4 groove pulley

So are you going to a 4 groove pulley to add a place for a second set of belts, I am also working on this as we speak, it will make possible the addition of a second alternator, 12 volts for adding tons of 12 volt accessories to the truck, i get those alternators cheap also :-D

lemme know how it goes

Racky

Thanks guys I am adding a one wire 100 amp 12v alternator on the truck and am tring to make this as painless as possible. I am going to the gen shop tomorrow and ask for a 3 pulley. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks
Racky

avengeusa

Thanks guys I am adding a one wire 100 amp 12v alternator on the truck and am tring to make this as painless as possible. I am going to the gen shop tomorrow and ask for a 3 pulley. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks
Racky
I can look for a 3 groove unit......

Last edited:

avengeusa

Ok, I have 2 available, 3 groove, they have a 7/8 bore, specs as follows

3-Groove, 13mm Belts x 73mm OD x 22.23mm (7/8 in.) Bore $19.00, plus shipping

3-Groove, 13mm Belts x 89mm OD x 22.23mm (7/8 in.) Bore $19.00, plus shipping

they may need to be machined, or have a spacer added to get them inline with what you already have........

this is an addition i am working on