• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another deuce in phoenix, how to get it home, been sitting..tips?

johnsonbrandonj

az guys!!! if you guys want a free beer I'd love to pick your brains and check out your rides... I'm debating a purchase but cannot decide if they are reliable enough (I'm used to old cars, but need it to work MOST of the time).

AZDeuce

Feel free to call me at the number given on the first page of this post, If I don't answer, I'll get back to you. Any day Wed thru Sat between 5:30 and 9PM are your best shot at getting me.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
az guys!!! if you guys want a free beer I'd love to pick your brains and check out your rides... I'm debating a purchase but cannot decide if they are reliable enough (I'm used to old cars, but need it to work MOST of the time).
I am waiting on my truck, but I did meet with AZDeuce today and looked his truck over, had a good talk about trucks. He is a nice guy and fun to talk with.

azM35a2

i've been extremely busy but wanted to report in that a couple days ago i got the filters so i went down to change them and the air and fuel filters in it were ALREADY NEW!! great...$40 wasted (granted they'll be good to have later i suppose), so i put batterys in it...turned the ignition on....the forklift driver up at the facility it was stored at apparently smashed the fuel line (and dented the oil pan) on the front of the frame...pissed me off as it was spraying everywhere so i chopped it off and spliced in some rubber hose...bled to the secondary's and turned it over for about 15 seconds and it roared to life! sound great, brakes were even up in it! took it for a short cruise (1/2 mile) and it drove good. however the temp gauge, and oil gauge and fuel gauge appear to not be working so i want to fix those before venturing any further in it.

so...yay!

azM35a2

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my paperwork from the GSA today! after they made me jump through hoops, send them different paperwork, etc... since NOVEMBER of 2010!!

then mvd tried to make me bring it in for level 1 inspection...hahaha, i showed them a picture and said it's a G-D truck! they said ok and called it a truck and everyone was happy finally. now i can get working on it in my spare time (unfortunately the idea of free time is more of a fantasy at this point)

azM35a2

haven't touched this since last december... the other day i was cleaning the yard up and decided the duece needed to be moved... "great...this should be a wonderful pain in the butt" i thought. so i threw the batterys from my f550 in it, hit the start button..don't think it made a full revolution before it fired up! nice! still dreaming that i'll get it "drivable" one of these days (in the sense of actually being able to jump in it and drive across town if i wanted/needed)

azM35a2

couple either axle seals or brakes are leaking, has an air leak in the brake system, need to replace the front fuel line, left fender damage needs repaired, need to fix the misc. gauges that are nonworking, seat bottom needs reupholstered...bout if i believe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks