• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1031 build.

b4thundr

Well i have another project build for a farmer friend! picked up this 8000 mile beauty form New Castle Delaware, its all there except the holes in the floor, strange! oh well. I've been working on it for about a week now and there was quite a bit wrong with it, steering box, alternator, glow plugs, brakes hanging up, turn signals not flashing, batteries, wires from the genet are falling out of the loom, the power steering and alternator brackets were all loose missing nuts and such, and of course generator controls! Here are some pics of the truck, I'll post more as the built goes on.

Attachments

Skinny

Sweet ride! Look forward to the build...what are the plans?

Hopefully step 1 is get rid of that fugly passenger side mirror, holy eye sore batman.

Truck overall seems pretty solid. Dashpad even looks pretty good.

b4thundr

yep! the mirror is going!! the worst part of the truck is the drivers floor board, two nice holes! i found out that this baby was at fort drum so I'm sure it went though some salt. worked on the ten control today mounted the new 4500 checked the wires and off it went! just like they always do! after a little programing of course! LOL I also was able to change out the steering box,dog head relay mod, new glow plug relay, new flashers, headlight switch, high beam switch, i removed the power wires from the genet to the control panel the conduit need some help. more to come!

Attachments

Skinny

I love that controller, gotta get one for my rig soon. I've been caught up with my winch install and buying gun stuff. Priorities Priorities!

Skinny

Nope, decided I wouldn't get enough to make it worth my while so I fixed the controller issues and got it working. Rewired for 120/240v operation and swapped that 208v 3 phase plug for a NEMA 14-30 house generator plug.

I still need to buy a single phase compressor motor to round out the package.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks