• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another one home safe!!!

tbrenner

Went to pick up the deuce yesterday. So anyways here's how it went. Left home at about 5:00am and got to Camp Ripley at about 8:15 and called the GL guy. Apparently they don't get there early I guess, so my brother-in-law and I had to blow and hour. Finally got to the truck about 9:30 and this other guy comes up with slave cables and tries to jump it. Nothing :( . I put in my two batteries and hop in and turn on the power, press the start button. Nothing :cry: . I see that the gages all have power and start thinking this is going to be a big project getting this thing going :| . After checking a few things out I notice the wire to the starter solenoid is broken so a few minutes later and a few inches of wire I get it back together. This time I press the starter button and she works :D . With just a little bit of cranking it fired right up and run smooth. The drive home went real well with just a small coolant leak from the hose. Got it out to the shop, cleaned it up a little, and changed the oil (It was due). I can't wait to play around with it now and test that winch out! This is my first truck so I have to thank everyone on here for all the great info. Oh ya, they dont like you taking pictures of the M1 Abrams sitting in the same lot.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Happy to hear getting it started was a simple fix. I bid on that truck and another there but the bid plus driving/shipping to Maine was too much so I bought one closer. Looks great and a few extra items in the tool box to boot. Looks like the sideracks are on backwards? Good score!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice, the inside of the bed looks great.

And ditto to Freight Train's comment about the extra wide troop seats :D

IRWFO

Great truck. I really have got to get my act together and start bidding on one instead of just watching the auctions go by. Best of luck.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice I like to hear of the trucks being driven home they are the beast. Mine starts quick even when we got down to 7 degrees it only took a few seconds of flame heater switch on to get it roaring. Nice shop too. If you straighten out the front step you will not regret having it they are great to get up on the front.

jeli

I'd guess it was a mess truck and they folded the seats down to keep pots, pans, and food off the ground while they were in camp.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Driving it around will be fun than you can imagine. It is a great attention getter especially at gas stations and Home Depot.

The first time I used my winch... I was driving around minding my own business when I found two young guys in a van stuck in a ditch. They were trying to put up a commercial real estate sign. I stopped, got to cross the ditch then winch their junk out of the mud. Unbelievable!

FreightTrain

Banned
Hmmm,I like the Bumper mounted Anvil(Railroad Rail).I might have to do that one since you always need a very hard object to beat stuff against and my head is getting a little wear!

tbrenner

I got those troop seats turned around. Those would have made for one exciting ride though. There wasn't much in the bed just a couple cans of gas, half of a 5 gal. bucket of oil and some steel shelving. I think it was a maintence truck by how it was set up inside. And yes, it has power steering and is that ever nice. All of that stuff on the cardboard and the snatch block were in the storage compartment under the drivers side. And all of this for $2860, that incudes the buyers premium. Plus a half tank of fuel and a fuel can on the side.