• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anti freeze

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pre Charge...added at the place that makes the antifreeze, SCA...Suplemental Coolant Additives. Stuff added to the coolant to protect wet linered engines from liner errosion and it also helps protect the aluminum parts and prevent silicon drop out. Be aware, too much of a good thing can cause issues.

spentshell

Its a little hard to explain but from what I can remember it helps stop cavitation which causes water hammer around the cylinders and can cause a leak. Somebody help me out here if this sounds wrong.

kurtze99

You can buy coolant additive(SCA) from most auto supplies. It will have the treat rate and also how often you should do it. I have seen some pretty bad pitting that was partially caused by lack of SCA in over the road trucks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen some pretty bad pitting that was partially caused by lack of SCA in over the road trucks.
Yes. Cummins are bad about it. I've seen it eat clean through the cyl.

Most coolant filters have SCAs in them and release it a little at a time. There's really no need in buying coolant with SCAs in it if your running a filter. It could be like Will says, too much of a good thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks