• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any interest on a deep dive into Cat C12 oil systems? Specifically into Oil Pressure?

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any interest in a deep dive into Cat C12 oil systems, specifically oil flow / oil pressure?

I got an MTVR about 8 months ago, and its oil pressure seemed a bit low to me, and also a bit "odd"... i work w commercial trucks everyday (mostly garbage trucks in the 30-40k GVWR size range), and the oil pressure readings on the C12 didnt quite make sense to me (seemed low overall, but also didnt behave the way im used to seeing when it comes to oil press vs rpm, and also with changing engine temps)

This MTVR is my own personal truck, and is mostly a playtoy for me (am working on making it essentially a huge pickup for myself, not driven everyday but probably 2 or 3 times a week, often to commute)

Anyways, i took a pretty deep dive into how the oil systems work on these trucks, to either fix the oil pressure on my truck OR understand how it works and one way or another get comfortable w the oil system. This stuff is still pretty fresh in my head, i could write out a fairly detailed report on it, including what all the oil bypass valves are & how they work (there are 4 valves in the oil filter base, each w its own function... each of which can be their own problem)

Is there any interest out there in reading that? I wouldnt be surprisef if this turn into 10 to 20 pages. With me, there is no "short story", i tend to get very detailed (possibly excessively so).

I wouldnt say im an "expert" on these systems, but i think ive put together more of an explanation on how/why these systems work then ive seen anywhere else, at least gathered together in one place. Currently its just in my head, so i need to do this soon before it starts getting stale / forgotten. It would be a little work to do, but be kinda enjoyable for me to work on when i need a break from other stuff. If i knew that a few of you would read it, enjoy it, that would prob be the motivation needed for me to start working on it.... so let me know :)

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to add that I'm particularly interested in hearing from those of you who have youtube channels / otherwise post a lot of content RE MTVRs... since i've watched / utilized a lot of that myself, been very handy for me, I'd like to give back as i can

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there any interest in a deep dive into Cat C12 oil systems, specifically oil flow / oil pressure?

I got an MTVR about 8 months ago, and its oil pressure seemed a bit low to me, and also a bit "odd"... i work w commercial trucks everyday (mostly garbage trucks in the 30-40k GVWR size range), and the oil pressure readings on the C12 didnt quite make sense to me (seemed low overall, but also didnt behave the way im used to seeing when it comes to oil press vs rpm, and also with changing engine temps)

This MTVR is my own personal truck, and is mostly a playtoy for me (am working on making it essentially a huge pickup for myself, not driven everyday but probably 2 or 3 times a week, often to commute)

Anyways, i took a pretty deep dive into how the oil systems work on these trucks, to either fix the oil pressure on my truck OR understand how it works and one way or another get comfortable w the oil system. This stuff is still pretty fresh in my head, i could write out a fairly detailed report on it, including what all the oil bypass valves are & how they work (there are 4 valves in the oil filter base, each w its own function... each of which can be their own problem)

Is there any interest out there in reading that? I wouldnt be surprisef if this turn into 10 to 20 pages. With me, there is no "short story", i tend to get very detailed (possibly excessively so).

I wouldnt say im an "expert" on these systems, but i think ive put together more of an explanation on how/why these systems work then ive seen anywhere else, at least gathered together in one place. Currently its just in my head, so i need to do this soon before it starts getting stale / forgotten. It would be a little work to do, but be kinda enjoyable for me to work on when i need a break from other stuff. If i knew that a few of you would read it, enjoy it, that would prob be the motivation needed for me to start working on it.... so let me know :)
I would like to see what you have to share.
I have a MK23 and it sure can't hurt to learn more about it...

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill probably put something together. Partly for mysrlf, in case i have issues down the road and have to revisit this subject, be nice to have summary document. Prob 70 to 80% of what ill present wlll be info from cat's factory documentation, but condensed into one place. The cat onfo itself is spread across 3 or 4 sources and multiple pages, which makes it hard to see the big picture sometimes.

Anyways, ill prob do.something soon, since things are still fresh in my mind.

A lot of people might say i over analyze things sometimes, and maybe thats true... sometimes. But i get a lot of pleasure out of digging into something and really understanding it, and then i get comfort out of fixing something to the point where i dont worry about it anymore and just kinda forget about it... which is why i need to do this soon... before i forget :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks