• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one used a Pribbs M105a3 for there bobbed Deuce

TJP

Just won a pribbs M105a3 at Gl. Has anyone used one of these before for there bobbed Deuce? If so any input would be helpful, the trailer deisgn looks a little different from other M105a3s.

Thanks
TJP

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, 105a3 you can tell by the lights and wheel bolt pattern. I have not heard of anyone using one, but I bet it would work great.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wehring bought one from me to use on a bobber but decided he didn't want to use it due to modifications needed. Not sure exactly what those were but I believe he simply resold it.

Nonotagain

wehring bought one from me to use on a bobber but decided he didn't want to use it due to modifications needed. Not sure exactly what those were but I believe he simply resold it.
With the fenders being placed further outboard you can't run big tires without doing some minor trimming of the inside fender wells.

TJP

Excellent 11Echo that's just what I was looking for. The pics give me what I could not visualize you have been a great help.
Thanks everyone for the help. :jumpin:[thumbzup]

KsM715

If you use it for a bobber I would like to buy some of the remaining parts. Let us know if you cut it up. (surge brake, and rear marker lights off the frame is what I want)

3dAngus

Anyone ever write a manual on how to bob a deuce yet? Just wondering, for the most part, how much of the frame you have to cut out. I guess it is the rear axle you move forward, while removing the center one. I was just wondering how talented you have to be. Also, how difficult to remove the bed with minimum amount of tools. No bobcar, no backhoe, etc.
And how much does the bed weigh?

These are all questions that would be cool to find in one place. Has it been done, from start to finish, in writing? If so, I would love to read it.

Sephirothq

I finally was able to track down a M105A3 trailer to use for my bobbed truck project.

I plan on putting an A2 bed on it and still use the frame.

I also plan on using the tires and wheels as an option for the bobbed truck.
I have a total of 5so that would work out nicely.

I can put 9.00 x 20 tires on the trailers to run them.

hdmax

The amount you remove from the rear of the frame depends on what you want.
If you want to reinstall the bumperetts, or add a step bumper, that can mean a difference of a foot and a half or more. Also do you want to place the spare under the bed, or in a space left between the bed and cab.
You will need help (Man power, front end loader, or some other means to lift, move and place things such as the bed, axles, springs, not to mention plan on a lot of drilling holes, and cutting off rivets.

Measure, measure, then measure some more before cutting, or placing the springs. There is NO going back if you cut too much off the frame, or miss drilling one spring mount a 1/2" off.

Plan and think for as long as is needed before starting this, then plan on it taking at least a couple weeks.
You will most likely want shocks on the back, a 6x6 doesn't have them, but as a 4x4 the deuce needs them.
Take notes, make drawing, keep track of all the bolts, nuts, wires, and if you run into a problem, (Most likely you will.) like not having the correct tool, ask for help.
Impact wrenches, air supply, and specialty tools like this is your friend. Ball Joint Press - Great Deals on Ball Joint Presses at Harbor Freight

Anyone ever write a manual on how to bob a deuce yet? Just wondering, for the most part, how much of the frame you have to cut out. I guess it is the rear axle you move forward, while removing the center one. I was just wondering how talented you have to be. Also, how difficult to remove the bed with minimum amount of tools. No bobcar, no backhoe, etc.
And how much does the bed weigh?

These are all questions that would be cool to find in one place. Has it been done, from start to finish, in writing? If so, I would love to read it.

3dAngus

Shocks for a bobber? Hummmm... that gives me a great idea. It might be a good use for those MK-48 shock absorbers I've purchased. They are pretty heavy duty if they go on a MK-48 and/or trailers, yet, not massive in size. I had not thought of shocks on a bobbed deuce, but it makes perfectly good sense. Thanks.

Oh, and I have a few left over if anyone needs or wants to try them. I can send a picture too. Probably about $20 for a new pair, plus shipping. It wouldn't hurt you to bad. Just PM me.