• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody been to the WWII Museum in New Orleans?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have many... on my hard drive at home.... what in particular are you looking for? It's one of my kids favorite places.
Hi Ken,

I'm hoping to get a nice shot of the front of the building to use on a book cover.
Nothing special other than that...

No crunch to get it quickly.
Maybe in a week or so?

@juanprado , I could use a pic of the lead up to the building - possibly the front of the building. AND if you happen to have the Scouts assembled out front, that would be even better.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do 2 events. One is an open day that scouts in uniform get in free. We also rent the freedom pavilion one night for a $200k fundraiser.

I have never captured a pic of scouts outside in the entrance. They are working on the main entrance remodel and have everyone entering temporarily through a big red door on the side. The museum is most of a block and also across the street with a pedestrian bridge connecting the 5 or 6 buildings in the complex.

Their education dept is pretty friendly and maybe can help you with the pic before they started remodel. Not sure if it is finished yet.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the 3rd Armored Division Veterans annual reunion there a few years back. Very good museum. You can spend days there to see everything. I donated a lot of WWII stuff to the museum after I visited.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't supply the needed picture, but can confirm that the museum is well worth a visit.

If one does not suffer from vertigo or fear of heights, the high catwalks above the suspended aircraft offer a view we seldom get to see. :)

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks