• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody seen Hoot_223 ?

AJMBLAZER

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2347738#post2347738

This summer he had a thread up on here selling 6.2L parts to raise money for his mom. I posted a link over on ColoradoK5.com and someone bought the Injection Pump off of him...however he hasn't gotten it yet and can't get any thing from Hoot. Anybody know where he is?

I brought that thread back to the top a little while ago but I think it got deleted as it's gone now.

hobie237

That's odd, I bought the injection pump. It's been quite some time now, and he says it's going to be coming, he seems apologetic, but now I'm quite worried.

Hoot_223

yea, im just dealing with wife F***ups on shipping actually i have 4 of them and 6 6.5 pumps floating around i hate doing this stuff out on the road with Swift

hobie237

Well, he dropped off the face of the earth, haven't heard from him for about a week now- there goes my $210, which I really can't afford. The real question is whether I should file a report with my police department or his?

hobie237

Last week he said he'd be around the early part of this week. I'm all about giving people time and being accommodating, but this has dragged on for OVER TWO MONTHS. Worst, I've been told time and again that the part was on its way, and nothing has come through.

Any SS members out in Washington state that can do a pickup for me? That'd work. I'd even toss 'em a little cash for the shipping and the gas/diesel to get there to pick it up.

I just either want my $210 back, or the part I wanted to purchase, or even a tracking number that says the part is on its way. We agreed last week that I'd have one of those things by yesterday. I sent reminders Tuesday and Wednesday- no response. It's OK, I have his address, so we'll get this worked out.

hobie237

Well, it's been a couple weeks and I haven't received anything, not even a tracking number. PayPal says it's too late to file a dispute, so I guess the only thing left to go is to go to the police and/or FBI internet fraud center to file fraud/theft charges.

Edit- I have hoot's name and address, so it should be pretty easy for them to go knock on his door.

hobie237

Any way to recover deleted threads? He deleted the original post where he was selling the injection pump- I have the old link but it's dead. It would have been nice to include it in the report to the FBI/local law enforcement.

pc3nmcb

Re: RE: Anybody seen Hoot_223 ?

hobie237 said:
Any way to recover deleted threads? He deleted the original post where he was selling the injection pump- I have the old link but it's dead. It would have been nice to include it in the report to the FBI/local law enforcement.

Copy his post on this thread, he says he has 4 of them.

hobie237

RE: Re: RE: Anybody seen Hoot_223 ?

...and in a recent PM to me he said he had 2.

I think he's just trying to set himself up to claim "it never happened and I don't know what he's talking about." Well, he can't delete this thread, or the one over on CK5, or all the PMs that I've saved, or my PayPal records. I just wish the original thread was out there still.

I do think it's really cute that he deleted his location from his profile, too.

Needless to say, I'd HIGHLY advise not doing business with Hoot_223, at least until this is resolved- I'm eternally an optimist and I'm hoping that there is some misunderstanding or demand on his time and he'll eventually come through for me- but the realist in me knows it ain't happening- it's been over two months.