• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone made t-case doubler on a deuce?

deuce_09

i bought a deuce for 300 about 2 weeks ago and sold it for parts,and with the money i made i bought another,but i kept the t-case from the first one for an experiment. i wanted to know if anyone knows some pros and cons on using the t-case from my first deuce to make a doubler t-case

deuce_09

i'll take anyones opinion on this
this deuce will be a mudfest truck and will be bobbed. i know the deuces are geared pretty low already and coulud pull a house down. but id like a SUPER low gear for pullin other trucks in a pull off and possibly rock crawling

Last edited:

Josh

As your aware, the Deuce T-Case is huge, It woud make your front drive line hella long, and your rear drive line very short.

Josh

If its for mudding, you dont really need dual transfer cases, If your going rock crawling, then the lack of suspention travel in the rear do to the really short drive line would make rockcrawling pointless

Unforgiven

If its for mudding, you dont really need dual transfer cases, If your going rock crawling, then the lack of suspention travel in the rear do to the really short drive line would make rockcrawling pointless
Actually, driveline shops that specialize in rock crawling can do some amazing things with short drivelines. They can make full spline, double CV, high angle, high torque drivelines in amazingly small packages.

I am also curious about secondary low gearing for a truck this size. For regular trucks/jeeps there are dozens of alternatives like Klune/Stack/Atlas. But for this truck ...

I am curious to see if you find a solution. Is it possible to re-gear the stock tc to lower gears?

RANDYDIRT

I think I read (on this forum) that in 1st gear-low side that there is 28,000 lb.ft. of torque available. I have a bobber and I already have axle wrap issues..... Can't imagine what it'd be like doubled.

Dirt

rattlecan6104

my line of thought, take it or leave it, is using powertrain components out of a chevy. I read in a thread on this site that the bellhousings on some of the older larger chevy trucks can bolt up to the deuce engine, if you do more research you could find out which one, and hopefully find a shortshaft one. from there you would acquire a np203 as well as a np205. rebuild the np205 with the 3:1 reduction kit and mount the planetary from the np 203 to the front. in the end you have reduction choices of 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, and 6:1. You can find everything needed to do the transfer cases at www.offroaddesign.com

deuce_09

hey dirt y dont u build traction bars for that axle wrap,thats what im doin.
and i want my deuce to be all deuce not chevy and i was thinkin last night about driveshaft lengths and tell me if my idea could help solve the problem.i want to have a tire carrier on the truck for my spear 52". so ill buy the one that goes inbetween the cab and the bed,move the bed back some,and that should give me some more room...

RANDYDIRT

hey dirt y dont u build traction bars for that axle wrap,thats what im doin.
and i want my deuce to be all deuce not chevy and i was thinkin last night about driveshaft lengths and tell me if my idea could help solve the problem.i want to have a tire carrier on the truck for my spear 52". so ill buy the one that goes inbetween the cab and the bed,move the bed back some,and that should give me some more room...
Yeah, I am building a set of shackled ladder bars as we speak. I already bought the three point upper links and am fabbing the mounts this weekend.

Dirt

wehring

Come on down

I live just South of Houston and I have several bobbed deuces. You should drop by and drive them to get a feel for what the bigger tires and single rear axle does to the truck. I have a few ideas that may help you.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well you could go out start your truck put it in gear, go in and eat lunch and come back out and it might be to the end of the drive by them!:driver:

rattlecan6104

rattlecan6104, i dont have a **** ton of money to spend on a t-case.
It is pricey, definately, but it is an option.

As far as keeping it all deuce... I understand where you are coming from, but if you are going to bob it, build a doubler with 2 deuce t-cases, build anti-wrap bars, and have custom shafts made, i just cant really see the point in keeping all original parts, since at this point it is modified.

with my $.02 aside, whenever you get it all figured out and build it up, pics in action would be awesome.

KsM715

If you put a second case in it just for pulling you'll need to load down the bed of the truck with ALOT of weight in order to get the traction your going to need. I assume your going to be pulling against another truck? Your competion is gonna get a good jump on you because you'll be geared so low.

Unforgiven

Looking at that wash bed full of rocks that you are playing in, I'd say that doubling the transfer case could be useful. Just plan on doing a power steering upgrade as well to make going up those rocks much easier at slow speed.