• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone use a Chinese Knock-off starter on the NHC-250 5 ton?

goldneagle

Just wanted some feedback on using a Chinese Knock-off starter on the NHC-250. The starter on my M936 wrecker is dead. I changed the solenoid and the motor is dead as well. I get 24 volts to the motor terminals (large ones) but no movement. My options are a used pull off or new Chinese knock-off. Both are the same price.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

Agreeded, get you current starter rebuilt & you won't have a cheap chinese knockoff in your American MV. I have had numerous starters rebuilt over the years by a reputable company & it is an inexpensive way to fix the problem, plus they will backup any warrenty issues that might crop up!

goldneagle

Agreeded, get you current starter rebuilt & you won't have a cheap chinese knockoff in your American MV. I have had numerous starters rebuilt over the years by a reputable company & it is an inexpensive way to fix the problem, plus they will backup any warrenty issues that might crop up!
Are they local shop or do you ship to them?

FloridaAKM

They are about 50 miles away & MV owners. I have a vendor who runs the route, picks them up & delivers them after repairs are complete. The warrenty issues are never there, since the owners take good care of the starters & the customers. This is for starters, alternators & generators; the owner retired, but still works @ the shop a few days a week to stay busy!

M925

Try Amazon, my mechanic was trying to sell me one for 1,500, when I saw them on Amazon for 215. I don't know if they are made in China.

I had one feller try to get me to change to a 12v starter, he was spouting out all sorts of nonsense. At the end of the day the 250 is a common truck motor, and you will find plenty of 12v starters as well, but I'd stick with the original.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I couldn't find anyone local here in CT to rebuild 24v anything. There were a couple resellers online that had them new. I got a few from a member in Kansas I believe he has a truck parts yard. Also Jeff in sparta comes across the starters.
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks