• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone win a deuce at Ft Carson?

mcmullag

zilch

I got nuthin. Kinda surprised at all the high prices. Was watching 4 different trucks, at last minute, put in a bid of $2290 for a regular deuce that had low miles of 9,000 sumthin and I got outbid. Was looking forward to something new to play with. Do not know any of the final prices.
Oh well.

mcmullag

who are these people buying deuces for that much? what is going on?
I only have one so cannot really benefit if the market price has risen.
I was even scared to buy extra to sell now because of the way the
economy is, low consumer confidence, etc. gee whiz, gosh darn it.

colomil

One thing I have noticed is that some of the max bids were the same amount which makes me think it was a company bidding on several lots. The winch truck price got out of hand in a hurry! Even the M1009 prices were off the charts. Unless it is a deal I don't even bother on these auctions. I might go after one of the "residue" trucks on the jan 6 auction but if they go over a grand I am out.

I also noticed a few trucks on GSAauctions.gov out in Utah going cheap so far. Bidding ends jan 3rd so we will see...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I thought we were too far west for the 'companies'.
Do you think Rancher Supply in Lamar is still buying this stuff?

aw crap.

g-dawg
They bought ten or so M35's out of Fort Riley 3 months or so ago.....I was there when they were loading their spoils....

colomil

I would bet it was Rancher Supply or Boyce Equipment. I don't know of anyone else near Carson. I guess I will have to wait for the next go around... It would be nice to know the GL bidder ID of these guys so I can correlate the results.

Sephirothq

I was thinking that i would draw the wrath for posting the final prices.
Between everyone here we could basically have the entire sale's final prices available.

It would be a good source of info for someone looking to buy or sell

colomil

The final sale price would be useful in case you headed out to Lamar to buy the same truck. You could possibly negotiate since you know what he paid for it.

I have always wanted to write a program that "web-scrapes" the GL site just seconds before the auction closes. This lack of final prices is getting so annoying that I might just do it.

I know the general attitude about disclosing GL bidder numbers for members for the purposes of collusion, but we are talking about gathering statistics on auction results which is 100% legal.

I just don't know who would pay $10k for a deuce. $3k is pushing it.

On another note, how do you guys get large stuff shipped from Ft Carson? Last M109a3 I had shipped from there to my land cost me $300. I am only 30 miles away...

mcmullag

uhh., uhmm, errr,
like personally, I have only hauled home a M105A2 from there with my deuce, but I have heard stories from the other kids in the MVCC of how they like haul stuff/residue/crap, home with towbars attached to deuces and M818's.

g..