• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are M113s and M114s related?

wgtactical

Bill said:
Getting back to the original question of the M113 and the M114 being related..............they are!

Both are always owned by someone with copious amounts of MONEY.
These things do seem to find a way into your wallet :lol: The brighter side is that the M114 is small enough to easily move and store, and they have good curb appeal.

lilreddodge

Bill from Idaho have you ever thought about that people who own M114's or any other piece of armor might make sacrifices in order to be able to afford one? I do not have a copious amount of money and own two. Yes it takes money to own one but I have less money in mine than I would have in say a new pickup. Plus the M114's are not depreciating. I would love to own a new truck, but armor to me is much more fun. It seems that in a lot of posts on this site that there is a tone of jealousness of people who have things that others may not be able to afford. I learned at a very young age in this hobby that there is always going to be someone with more money and better toys than me. The key to military vehicles is to enjoy what you have and maybe someday get lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and be able to get the vehicle that you have been seeking. Just my two cents worth.

Attachments

superburban

lilreddodge,
Lets see some more pics! I am jealous of your armor. I went the big pickup route (02 F350 Crew Cab), it keeps the wife happier than a wonderful piece of green iron would!

superburban

lilreddodge said:
superburban
I went the get rid of wife route, now it is a lot easier to buy iron. I'll post some more pictures of my armor soon.
Keep em coming! I love seing others' toys (as I cant afford any toys right now).

wgtactical

Nice work there lilreddodge 8) The Dodge RT SE Challenger you mentioned brought back memories. My grandmother worked in dashboard assembly and being an employee, was able to walk her red '70 R/T SE Charger through the assembly process :D For some reason she picked the 440 Magnum over the 426 Hemi, when asked why...just said she liked the 440 :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks