• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Area around Ft Jackson?

bassetdeuce

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to use Campbells wrecker service to get my deuce off of Ft Jackson. The problem is where to take it, because I want to bleed brakes/check everything before hittin the road (to JAX FL).

Does anyone know of a good place nearby for me and my dad to work on the deuce to get it road worthy?

MitchG

Basset, My work location is right off 77 just a few miles from the fort. We have a pretty nice sized gated yard in back that would work for you. PM me if you need any more details.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
basset, no one around here can pick it up for you? I'm picking up Gearspec's deuce today.

If you have to have it towed than MitchG's place is closer than mine, also closer to FL than my spread.

MitchG

I would have offered to pick it up but I don't have a towbar. Also my homestead is about 15 miles south of Columbia if that makes it any easier for you. Campbells picked mine up and brought it out to my place for me. At any rate if I can help you out just let me know.

bassetdeuce

Its too early in the morn :-D. Thanks guys, I really appreciate this. I have to pick up dad from the doctors, then show him this thread later today. I plan on doing the recovery around 1PM, the 30th. Called Tim at the Ft Jackson site, but he wasn't too thrilled about me showing up at 1PM (bad mood?). Something about not taking anymore people after 1 o clock. Maybe I can get there a little earlier, well see. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they like to have everyone out by 1pm. It used to be 3pm... Mon-thurs. now its like Mon, Tues, and Fridays.

But Tim is a great guy to work with.

MitchG

Ditto Tim being great to work with!! Just let me know what you decide on finally Bassett and we can make arrangements from there. If it doesn't look like you can get here before one maybe we can get the paperwork and go get it earlier and have it over here at the shop when you get here or something. That's all stuff that we can hash out later though.

bassetdeuce

Guys, I was able to secure a trailer and a possible place to work on the truck. Your willingness to help me is wonderful though, and makes me happy to be a part of this forum and hobby. Tim was very patient in our preview of trucks at Ft. Jackson (sometimes I would go back and look at a couple of the same trucks again :wink:).

I will keep you posted on what happens. And I will take pics. :-D Now, that darned list of what to bring....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks