• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored Vehicle Pricing?

Rich219

What are some of the cheaper (I use the term very lightly!) armored vehicles on the market and how hard are they to locate? I would be very interested in getting an armored vehicle as a advertising tool for my company. Any info?

bratpackdad

Totally depends on what you want. A tank that runs could be from $60,000 up. An APC that doesn't have a motor and barely holds itself up may be $7,000 and up (less if it's in a field.) It's hard to say, check the classifieds here.

wgtactical

What are some of the cheaper (I use the term very lightly!) armored vehicles on the market and how hard are they to locate? I would be very interested in getting an armored vehicle as a advertising tool for my company. Any info?

I know this one turns heads 8) We had the roll back wrecker stop at a quick trip gas station to top it off, and there were lots of cameras working overtime.

Check this site out as well for current pricing
Armor Page 1

Stalwart

Ferrets are EASY to find and legal in most states. The most affordable armor there is, when you also consider the cost of feeding one.

Rich219

Really! Where is the best places to look for them?

How hard are they to work on?

It would be an awesome company vehicle!

L999here

....Armor-up...!!!

Ferret's are excellent for first-time buyers. Has a short learning curve,easy to drive and road-legal in most states. If the Rolls-Royce engine runs and the vehicle is driveable...$12-$17K...depending on how it is outfitted. Mine is up-graded and last re-build was 1984...has a turret with Browning 1919A4 mount built in,newer tires and has all original "Dreadnaught" markings...straight from N. Ireland. The only problem with Ferret's is the cramped space. If you are over 200# and 6'...there will be problems getting in and out....especially over 60...LOL. That's why I up-graded to the Brit FV432 APC...lots more room and has TRACKS...!!! I'm looking to trade or sell my Ferret,as I cannot easily operate it in my old age....LOL.

kcimb

I was turned off to the ferret by the complexity of the design and parts, hence why I'm looking at a design that's got mostly US based parts in it, like a Mowag or RBY, or the ability to be converted (BRDM).