• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF coming out between trans. support and transfer case M1008

Starlight

Hey gang, my ride up in Nova Scotia is great and we had a lot of off roading fun. When I brought it in I noticed fluid leaking from where the transfer case meets the support and mounts for trans. Is this a gasket issue or internal seals or ... No cracks of any kind that could see but I could push on shaft and see the fluid move where parts meet. Thoughts ?? Capt.T/ Palm Beach Troop Support. 20170810_173457.jpg20170810_173457.jpg20170810_173501.jpg

Starlight

NOTE: Sorry the pics were after I sprayed down with brake cleaner but you can see where it's been coming down the housing from the joint of transfer case meeting transmission support. Thanks again for any input , Capt.T

Djstorm100

There's a gasket most of the time between the trans and transfer case. If it is coming from there I would pull it to see if it is a gasket or a surface oring.

Probably a gasket and if so put some gray RVT (first clean and try out the matting surfaces) and let the truck sit for a while (half a day at least)