• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aug.10, TOUCH-A-TRUCK, Gainesville, Ga.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As the title says, Gainesville, Ga. is having it's annual TOUCH-A-TRUCK Aug.10, I know that 2 wreckers and a wheel chock (m1009) will be there, maybe we can get a bunch of ARMY trucks, the KIDS of ALL ages just love them. When I took the 819, there was a line to visit while the MACK dealer got upset because NO ONE was interested in his NEW truck.

So guys if you can bring a truck/trucks, trailers, ect, let me know what you can bring, your REAL name (pm if you want to stay private) pms would help me keep track of what is happening, I am posting this early so plans can be made and calenders marked, if you can make it, let me know, about 30 days before, the Parks & Rec. sends out the paper work, I was going to do it as a GROUP (each owner listed) effort so everyone does not have to deal with the paper work

Last edited by a moderator:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm in unless my work habit inter-fears, will stay in contact and would be willing to help out anyway I can, will bring M35A2, mule, CJ10A, and my "wheel chock" also!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well it is that time, Sat. 8/10/2013 is the TAT date, I need to turn in the PARTICIPATION form by 7/19/2013, I will find out if late add-ons will be ok, I will post more info in a day or two. I will be entering all the trucks under the SS name (MR. SS gave his ok).

I know that the m819 will be there, even is I need to get a driver to get it there.

I plan on getting there early to make turning around, parking, grabbing the better spots.
REMEMBER this is a TOUCH-A-TRUCK event, this means the kids of all ages will want to sit in, ect, ect.

Those that are interested please send me a pm or email with,
1-Screen name
2-Real name
3-What your are bringing
4-Length of unit
5-Any special needs
6-email
7-phone number
Thanks for everybody interest.

No mobile combat pine trees

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just bumping this up, being that the last comment was 4 months ago and I know how things can change in a flash, so with that said, anybody still planning to or want to bring a truck PLEASE let me know.
Thanks

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron I would love to support this event but we will still be in Indianapolis for the Guntruck Gathering...sorry Brother.
>I would rather YOU be at the GATHERING then at a touch a truck, The gathering is just a AWESOM event, very touching, seeing the LT. see the PROUD AMERICAN for the first time is something I will NEVER forget. Talking to other VN vets was at times to much.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well this Sat Aug.10 is the the day, so far there are 2 most likley 3 that are going to show their trucks at this event (my 819, Scotts m35a2, and maybe Swiss's m62), anybody else want to want to show there trucks, REMEMBER THIS IS A TOUCH-A-TRUCK event, thist means that kids of ALL ages want to touch, sit in, ect.

Last edited:

TMNT

Ron, I'm bringing a pop up canopy and my FrogTogs! Looks like its gonna be wet on Saturday but that just makes it interesting. Besides, the rain means I don't have to wash my truck on Friday night.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There may be a bit of rain at night on Friday but no rain in the forecast for Saturday morning :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks