• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aux socket.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Kinda broad of a question. Is the sat nav 24v? Are you going to need a fully powered circuit, or only switched on circuit? Or both?

steelandcanvas

The way I have added extra 24 VDC circuits is to install a circuit breaker downstream from the existing one on the firewall. I added one for my backup lights and one for my yellow beacons. Being that you want to install something electronic, I would fuse it down to what ever the manufacturer recommends, as the smallest (mil-spec) circuit breaker you can buy is 15 amp.

Heater, Horn, and Back-up Light Circuit Breakers.jpg

Last edited:

peashooter

you can pull power (+24v) from wire #27 under the dash... same wire that powers the gauges and stuff. It will only be energized when your main power switch/lever on the dash is on.

Obviously you should only go this route for a small add on accessory and still fuse it and stick with 14 gauge wire up to the fuse for sure. Any large loads should have their own circuit to the battery/distribution panel. Or you can get one of those larger solargizer kits that has the distribution box and multiple fuses & circuit breakers (below pics show my solargizer setup).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks