• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle of the Bulge, 16 DEC 2017

Amer-team

Anyone doing Bastogne this year? If you are out and about, I will be helping with a 17th Airborne display at Flamerige. That is a small village on the outskirts of Bastogne, on 16 - 18 DEC. We will be set up in the small church. Stop by and say hi. If you haven't made this event before, it is one heck of a place to see a variety of WW2 vehicles. I have heard estimates in the past of 500 plus WW2 vehicles in the area. Not as many as D-Day, but a really neat event to take in.

Attachments

Amer-team

We did a display in Longchamps about 4 years ago. That was the area held by the 502. The villagers invited us for dinner on Sunday evening. One of the men left and came back with a worn Garand. He had picked that rifle up from the battlefield when he was a youth. What an experience to hold the rifle that fairly surely belonged to a 502 trooper. It was worn, but still fully functional. What a piece of history that will someday be destroyed due to current rules in both Belgium and the US. :(

Crapgame

I always screw with the Easy Co 506th PIR reenactors, have to correct them that the German Fallschirmjaegers fled Carentan not because Easy moved in, but because Lt Col Robert G Cole lead a 3/502nd PIR bayonet charge across the causeways and directed an intense artillery barrage that caused FJR6 to flee during the night, leaving only a small rear guard for Easy Co to deal with. LTC Cole was awarded the Medal of Honor, posthumously, 2 weeks after he was killed in Best, Holland, during Operation Market-Garden.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks