• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bedford MJ

M35A2

Mam o man that is nice. I don't know how many hours you spent restoring , it or what shape it was in but the end result is superb. Good show thanks for the pictures.

Hi Scarecrow,

Believe it or not, I haven't touched the truck. This is the condition it came out of the Army in!!! The truck was in a TA unit (National Guard) all of it's life and has only done 2,500 miles. The box was in a storage depot until about 2 years ago when it was issued to 9 Army Air Corps. They never used it. The units the truck and box belonged to have been disbanded and that's why they were sold off. The box still has parts in a drawer covered in grease paper. ;-)

M35A2

Hi M35A2. I grew up in Bedford QL's. Nice truck you have there. I made it to the Beltring in 2006 as a guest of the Essex armour (**** of a good bunch). Also had a cold one at the stalls with Marcus Glenn himself. I still drink tea from the mug he gave me at the show.
I have enjoyed the many youtube vids of the M35 convoys. Never seen so many at one place in civilian hands. wish I could get mine over there to join you! Anyway, you have a fantastic rig with all the gear. How much of the stuff did you have to find? Cheers, Bob

Hi Bob,

Nice to meet an ex squaddie on here!!:grin:

All of the stuff came with the truck. They sold it with a complete CES. I've got a brand new 10 ton jack, new pick, shovel, fire ex, air line etc,etc. It had a new transfer box and fuel tank fitted 2 months before release, new front wheel bearings, hub seals, brake linings etc,etc. It has been through the Bedford programme in 2002 when it had a new cab, full rebuild and re spray. All in all it has been totally sorted before I bought it.

There are just a few things that need doing, but nothing major.

How did you go from Royal Signals to UH-1 pilot??? You are a lucky man. Take care

Andy