• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Benmar-Hupp Fuel Fired Heater

brianrbull

I have been working on a Benmar - Hupp Heater 20k BTU I can get it to fire but when operating it makes a "Growling" noise (Noise is more pronounced on High Heat) . it is NOT bearings or fan noise. it is the way fuel burns. The heater is brand new (Well right out of the box) I have the manual that came with the heater but it gives no information on how to adjust the fuel. any one out there experienced with these heaters?.

brianrbull

Update: Found source of The "Growl".....
I was running it with no exhaust.... (Yeah Yeah I know CO is DEADLY but the barn is drafty)
Installed some stainless flex tube from one of my Laundry units and now it is quiet ( Other than it sounds like a small turbine) I am using it to heat my 30 foot 5th wheel camper... 20k BTU is way too much for this camper .