• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BigMike's deuce gets finishing touches

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am finally rounding the corner, or is it coroner :lol: , finishing my deuce. I finished painting the troop seats, the rear bumper markings and other final touches. I figured I'd take a few pics before she gets all dirty :roll:

Here are a few pics from the para-military training grounds....enjoy

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Outstanding! :beer: Great job, Mike. And nice avatar.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: BigMike

WOW Mike, looks great! Does she run as good as she looks??

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

WillWagner said:
WOW Mike, looks great! Does she run as good as she looks??
She runs great. I need to get a descent ride under my belt to be sure. I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid. I'm looking forward to gettin' her out for some serious road work.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks great!
For driving, take it a short trip at a time untill you gain confidence and learn to work on anything on it (bring tools).

bigmike said:
........ I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid..
Guess I missed this one, what spring?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you once - I'll tell you again! STOP MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD BY DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB ON YOUR TRUCK! :) No really, awesome job, man!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cranetruck said:
Looks great!
For driving, take it a short trip at a time untill you gain confidence and learn to work on anything on it (bring tools).

bigmike said:
........ I also couldn't find a broken spring so I guess I'm just a bit paranoid..
Guess I missed this one, what spring?
Cranetruck,

I thought I had a broken spring on the front axle because it looked like the truck was 6" lower on the passenger side than the driver's side. I couldn't find see any broken springs and once I got her on level ground, there was only about 1/2" difference from driver's side to passenger's side.

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

I really like the look of your truck Mike! Who would have thought that color combination would look so good together! Beautiful work!
I still owe you some pics, I haven't forgot. I'm having trouble with my server and can't upload.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Armada said:
I really like the look of your truck Mike! Who would have thought that color combination would look so good together! Beautiful work!
I still owe you some pics, I haven't forgot. I'm having trouble with my server and can't upload.
I figured Uncle sam will throw green parts on tan trucks all day long so I might as well build on the idea and take it up a notch.

BSH

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

Just for cruel curiosities sake, roughly how many man-hours are in this attractive product?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BigMike

BSH said:
Just for cruel curiosities sake, roughly how many man-hours are in this attractive product?
I kept track of progress by taking lots of pictures but I also should have kept a time log. I started this project around 1/1/07. I worked about 25 hrs a week on the truck just about every week. That would be roughly 1000 hours labor. Most time was spent sanding the never ending layers of paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks