• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bob the Dumpin' Deuce lives

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That looks so good it makes me want to buy another duece to chop and make a clone of yours. I think I will have to move to the country though my parking is getting tight.

Blythewoodjoe

STATUS REPORT!!!

I finally took the truck on the shake down cruise Monday. Hauled 4000 pounds of steel to the scrap yard. Run truck on batteries because I still haven't gotten my pulley on the new alternator. Here's the report:

Drove it about 58 MPH a few times. Seems to ride well and I couldn't notice any vibration or anything abnormal from the wheels and tires. I did notice at a crawl I could feel the tread on the tires. Or maybe I've lost my mind. You decide.

The truck weighs 11,000 empty. The rear springs (former front springs) squatted with the 2 tons on the back. I was a little surprised with that. It still drove pretty well though. The home make dump hoist lifted the 4000 pounds, so I am now satisfied it will perform what I want it to.

Developed a fuel leak around the filter on the passengers side. I have not had a chance to investigate. I also forgot the camera so there are no pictures to post. I did start to spray Gillespie 319 on the truck today. I like that color. I also like the amount of paint I can trow out there with the gun. Forget the spray can. I have 4 gallons of 319 and I don't plan to put it on the scout car or half track for a long time, so the truck will have a thick coat before the Georgia gathering. I mounted the forth tire last week and it does look sweet with 14.5's all the way around.

Yea, Haw,
Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
[thumbzup]

Blythewoodjoe

I still have the dead 60 amp alternator on the truck and have been caring around the 60 amp pulley I got from White owl in the truck looking for a machine shop. I could just go to one I look up in the phone book but I want to go to one that I have a personal reference to. I will be working in the city over the next couple of weeks and there are a couple I know of there so I guess I will be waiting until then.

Came home a little early and spent the last hour cleaning the truck for some paint tomorrow. I know someone will :roll: at this next bit of info but I actually used a stone that is for grinding and cleaning concrete on the doors of my truck. It has a lot of red paint and some fire department lettering on the doors and the stone cut it pretty well. Body work on the old truck is very different than my old Mustang day :lol:

Joe Trapp

Blythewoodjoe

Yea, Haw, I finally sprayed a coat of Gillespie 319 on the truck. I love that color. I think the star adds some color too. I still haven't scraped the over spray from the all the glass yet. Well lets see how this 1.5 MB picture shows up.

Joe Trapp

Attachments