• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 5 Ton Pics

M1075

I'm interested in bobbing a 5 ton. I have seen pics on Dave's Eastern Surplus website, but not many others. Has anyone here bobbed a 5 ton or have some pics to share?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a member here who got one not too long ago, I had bid on his truck, but he wanted it more than me. :) I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Monty

I have pics on my work computor, I'll get them posted first thing in the morning.
Let me know if you have any specific requests.

Chad
AKA
Monty

M1075

Yeah, yeah, that is the one I remember. Did you go with deuce springs in the rear? Are the tires 14R20s or 16R20s? How does it ride and what kind of road speed are you getting?

Monty

I need to go through the brakes on it, it runs fair but dosn't stop. It has 16R20's on it, the ride isn't bad the tires float over alot of smaller bumps etc.
I just have the pics of the truck when I got it off ebay, If you need some close up's or have any ?? let me know and I'll answer them the best I can.
Chad

Attachments

NickAir

The length of an 818 is 167".
You only have to remove about 2 feet for a Bob job on an M818, if you use the 1.5 trailer as the bed, (9'.)

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have bobbed 2- 5 tons ,I sold one of them to Cessnatwin on here.I need to find some pics.There are some pics on this site,Search Appels bobbed 5 ton.If you leave the spare tire and toolbox on you dont have to cut the frame at all.The 105 bed fits perfect.

NickAir

Leaving the spare tire carrier and toolbox would be a good idea for a bobber. The only problem is that the larger tires won't fit in the spare tire carrier. The extra room would be nice for a tool box/fuel tank.