• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolt on wheel spacers for the deuce. Where to get them?

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe get a pair of M34 (M135) wheels, they have the rim set out a bit, and were designed to run as singles all around.

Might just give you enough room.

Dennis
Do you know by how much? I think I remember it only being 1" difference, but I'll have to check on that. I need at least 2", probably 2 1/2".
Motorsport Tech BORA adapters. This guy will make steel adapters but he quoted me 5-6 weeks to make them.

Thanks! I'll check them out.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motorsport Tech BORA adapters. This guy will make steel adapters but he quoted me 5-6 weeks to make them.

Did he quote cost?

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe get a pair of M34 (M135) wheels, they have the rim set out a bit, and were designed to run as singles all around.

Might just give you enough room.

Dennis
Do you know by how much? I think I remember it only being 1" difference, but I'll have to check on that. I need at least 2", probably 2 1/2".
Yep.
1" less backspacing.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same issue with my Waterloo System, limited RH turn. I already have singles and no desire to change wheels or add spacers. As you turn right the pitman moves aft and you get tire rub. What about re-clocking the pitman and getting a longer drag link? You would have to confirm pitman clearance during LH turns but may be a happy medium there.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about re-clocking the pitman and getting a longer drag link?
.... or modify the mounting angle of the steering box: instead of parallel to the frame, re-orient it a few degrees (outward at front), so that the pitman arm end moves closer to the chassis, when turning right . That's what I would try first.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... or modify the mounting angle of the steering box: instead of parallel to the frame, re-orient it a few degrees (outward at front), so that the pitman arm end moves closer to the chassis, when turning right . That's what I would try first.
Good Idea!
Thanks very much.

See..this is why I ask the experts!