• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought my first m1009 today

StreetbikeDepot

Its a sickness! I bought another MV today, wasn't able to preview it, but for the money I don't think I did bad. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

StreetbikeDepot

Sure will, I have two M109's to pick up at FT Riley also, so I plan to bring it all back at the same time, on that note....

.....anyone know if the medium towbar will hook up to a M1009?

M1075

Dang, I had my eye on that one. I knew after the convoy I would lure you into the world of ten-o-nine. Nice acquisition. You can use my towbar if needed.

LanceRobson

.....anyone know if the medium towbar will hook up to a M1009?[/quote]

Use the adapters with the one inch holes. The frame extensions on the CUCV usually have pretty generous hole clearance so getting the pins in won't be a problem but the extensions have sometimes been spot painted so many times the tow bar adaptors won't fit over them easily. Take a hunk of coarse sandpaper with you, just in case.

While you're messing with the back window, LMC Truck has the seal that goes around it at a reasonable price ($70) and a 3-4 day delivery. The old ones are dry rotted and can let in a dangerous amount of exhaust fumes. A poor w rear window seal will also let in a lot of dust while driving.

Consider replacing the wiper seals on the bottom of the rear window and be sure to get all the crud out of the bottom of the tailgate and to clear the drain holes. That will keep the tailgate skin from rusting through.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Lance