• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Inspections and Warnings

littlebob

Glad this popped back up. I've seen this thread before and thats the reason I I'm taking each wheel off and checking before I put mine on the road. Both of my front knuckle boots were shot and I ordered all the seal kit from OD Iron for the font axle. I had already purchased anew M?C and rebuilt airpak. As I go through each axle I want to make sure every brake part is ready to go. I'm just starting to work on the first wheel when I find a hose that looks bad.
So little money, so little time.
littlebob

Wolf.Dose

If you use DOT 5 silicone brake fluid you have to disassemble the brake system completly and wash everything in pure alcohol. Reassembe and use for example ATE breake grease blue or equivalent. Else to ouer experience the rubber parts will not survive long and fall leaky.
Wolf

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly, its peened in there. ODI has the kit at a great price. What I did was put a tight fitting deep socket over the stuff looking deal and worked it back and forth a bit and the pop right off there.

littlebob

Thanks, that was the kinda thing I was thinking about but rather ask than cause more problems. My Front already had the newer retainers and I bought the complete kit for the front from ODIron and only need two more for the last axle.

littlebob